Service Terms & Conditions payment.
- I agree that the examinee will not be permitted to engage in the polygraph examination if they have consumed alcohol or abused substances such as recreational drugs or controlled substances in the 24 hours prior to the test.
I can confirm that the examinee is not pregnant at the time of the examination and has not recently given birth in the past 4 weeks.
- I/examinee confirm that they have no heart conditions which require them to take blood pressure tablets or use a pacemaker.
The examinee must be a minimum of 18 years old
- For the purpose of the examination, we require you to arrive in your ‘normal’ self so request that you do not withdraw from any medication for the purpose of the test.
We do conduct polygraph examinations at residential addresses, where our accredited examiners feel it is viable and certain conditions will be requested by the examiner to create a controlled environment. This is to avoid potential distractions, distortion to the results for the examinee and maintain our high level of accuracy.
We respect client confidentiality and do not disclose our controlled locations until the booking is confirmed and only to the person with whom the booking is made.
- I/examinee must provide government identification (Photo ID Card, Passport, Driving License) on arrival for verification purposes.
- I/examinee understands that any aggressive or untoward behaviour towards the examiner will not be tolerated and the examination will be terminated with no entitlement to refund if such matters arise.
- I/examinee understand that any underhand behaviour or attempt to bribe, influence or threaten an examiner will result in the police being notified.
- I/examinee understand that if the examiner is exposed to any criminal activity they withhold the right to terminate the examination at any time and withdraw from the process. In any instance involving criminal activity you will not be entitled to any refund.
- I/examinee understand that any breach of the assessment terms and conditions will mean I will not be permitted to take the test and will not be entitled to any refund.
- I/examinee understand that any attempt at countermeasures will result in one warning. Further attempts will invalidate the test and no refunds will be given.
- I /examinee understand that once a venue date/time has been confirmed I must arrive on time and without delay to participate in the examination
- I /examinee understand that only close-ended issue specific questions can be asked in the examination. Questions cannot be about beliefs, opinions or intentions but to on facts, events and true statements.
- I/examinee understands that they may be asked between 10 and 15 questions in the polygraph examination, of which 3 will be relevant, close-ended and issue specific to the case per 1-person case.
- I/examinee understands that the Lie Detector Test is using a polygraph test to detect physical deception in addition to extensive work by a forensic psychologist.
- I/examinee understand that having a higher proportion of questions pertaining to the case can undermine the test’s credibility.
- Where there is threat of violence to the examinee or to the examiner during the polygraph examination, the examiner holds the right to cease the examination with immediate effect and no payment will be refunded.
- If there is any suspicion of domestic violence, the examiner will report the suspicion to the appropriate authorities.
- Only the examinee must be present with the examiner at the time of the polygraph examination and no other person is permitted to be present.
- On completion of the examination the examiner will provide the person with whom the booking is made with full written report of the polygraph examination. This will be transmitted by e-mail and sent confidentially to the person with whom the booking is made and not provided on the day of the test unless otherwise stated.
- No third parties can be present during the polygraph examination, although they may be present during the pre-test interview at which the questions and issue under investigation can be discussed in full.
N.B. The examiner where possible will provide the results verbally on the day of the examination to the person with whom the booking was made or the examinee if agreed with the person booking.
Payments, Deposits & Cancellations
- Once we are in receipt of your non-refundable £300 deposit, we will disclose the location of your examination, we will then instruct the examiner to contact you directly to formulate the test case.
- By signing this agreement, you confirm that you are the authorised cardholder or have consent from the authorised cardholder to make the electronic payment.
- In any case, if you make the payment and do not have consent of the cardholder then you are committing a fraudulent transaction. We use a secure encrypted card system and do not hold any of your payment details once the transaction has been completed.
- When paying the remaining balance, we will inform you and again before charging the card for the outstanding balance payment as we have specified.
- We must receive full and cleared balance of the invoice 48 hours before the polygraph examination.
- We will actively attempt to contact you before and at the point of this deadline by phone and e-mail with the details you have provided. Failure to respond to our contact within the 48-hour period before the examination will result in the cancellation of the booking. In this instance, Lie Detector Test UK Services Ltd will retain the full balance which has been paid against the costs incurred by Lie Detector Test UK Services Ltd and the loss of business for our examiner. Alternatively, If the Polygraph Examination is cancelled prior to the 48-hour period before the examination then only 50% of the balance will be refunded if the full balance has been paid.
- In any case of cancellation, the deposit payment is non-refundable and can be transferred to a different date/time/location with no loss of payment providing that a minimum of 48 hours’ notice is given prior to the booked date.
- In unforeseen circumstances with which we agree and accept and with a minimum notice of 48 hours you can reschedule the polygraph examination within 14 days of the original examination date and we can uphold your original deposit for new booking.
In unforeseen circumstances with which we agree and accept with a minimum notice of 48 hours you can cancel the scheduled polygraph examination and you will receive a refund of the balance less the deposit which is non-refundable.
- For next/same day Polygraph examinations we will request the balance to be paid in full on booking.
- Any failure to comply with any of the medical and general terms and conditions will result in termination of the scheduled polygraph test.
- When booking online or by phone the preferred date maybe changed for the following reasons: a bad health condition of either the subject or examiner, inaccessibility of a controlled office, failure of an IT system or polygraph device, other unforeseen circumstances/causes. We always guarantee that the test will be carried out by an experienced expert within 10 business days of the pre-selected test date specified at the time of placing the order.
- We hold the right to offer an alternative date/time/location if the examination cannot be conducted at the agreed date/time for unforeseen circumstances.
- In any instance if we have to make changes to the examination date/time/location we will provide suitable notice to the person with whom the booking is made.
- All data, charts, documents and video recordings remain the property of the examiner and will be dealt with in accordance with our duties under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- N.B. We wish to make you aware that once a booking has been made, the examiner cannot be re-booked for any other Polygraph examination on that date/time/location therefore the deposit is retained as to cover the cost of the examiners time, resource and loss of business.
Events outside of our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of Our obligations under these Terms that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond Our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, delays in arriving due to major road incidents both temporary or permanent or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of Our obligations under these Terms: (a) We will contact, you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and (b) Our obligations under these Terms will be suspended and the time for performance of Our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects Our performance of Services to you, we will restart the Services as soon as reasonably possible after the Event Outside Our Control is over at no additional cost.
If an event outside our control occurs, we will confirm with you when the appointment will be met or on what alternative appointment time and date the examination will be conducted. No refund will be made as a result of an Event Outside Our Control.
I/examinee hereby confirm to accept and adhere to the above outlined terms and conditions and wish to proceed with a Polygraph Examination. I am the authorised cardholder or have consent of the authorised cardholder to make full payment.